Friday 2 March 2012

My baseball rant...

I feel like I need to start a blog on my opinions on Baseball and all things sports.  I am excited that in one month the weather will be warming up and baseball will be starting again. Time to call eastlink, add every sports package available and zone out to Buck Martinez's play-by-play.  Nothing beats a good play, a sharp home run, a few arguments and friendly rivalries.  As a Yankee fan, I'm used to the arguments and rivalries.  Who knows what will happen this season.  A September quite that exciting, the Red Sox choaking (I hope that happens again actually) and a World Series that proves it comes down to the very last pitch will be hard to beat. 

Why am I including a baseball rant in my blog??? Well in August I will be completing #11 "Go to a Major League Baseball Game"... And I couldn't be more excited! I will be in California visiting a good friend Margaret (http://margaretridesbikes.wordpress.com/) and what does she live close to.... The Los Angeles Angels of Aneheim!!! Proving I have semi-ok Karma, they are home the week I'm visiting, proving its not outstanding, amazing Karma they are taking on the Boston Red Sox.  Looks like we will be cheering on Pujols, former Blue Jay Vernon Wells and the rest of the Angels! Go Angels!

So with all that being said, I am a little closer to completing #11 and seeing a Major League baseball game.  I have seen a Blue Jays game a few years ago (drank a lot of beer with Ryan and snuck down to seats behind the dugout as the story goes)... but with baseball being my favorite sport and obsession, I thought it was a good add to my "30 while I'm 30 project".  Go Yankees 2012! (And Go BlueJays as a proud Canadian and Toronto sports fan)

No comments:

Post a Comment