Saturday 23 June 2012

Hot Yoga and Cold Rain

I finally cashed in my Bikram Yoga Groupon.  A month long, unlimited class membership.I also booked a McNabs Island Ferry crossing and 4 hour hike! But due to a rainfall warning for the weekend, it got cancelled.   I guess being in an aluminum boat on the ocean during a lightning storm isn't safe.  Next chance I get, I'm going!!

Hot Yoga: I've done Moksha Yoga in the past, similar to regular yoga with some steam heat to make it a bit harder. But Bikram Yoga was intense Hot Yoga.  The heat was like a sauna at 40% humidity and 45 degrees.  They start out with a few breathing exercises which I found relaxing and stress releasing.  After the breathing exercises she informs us that next is the Cardio portion of the class.  After the second pose I felt light headed and too hot.  I thought to myself "Never again am I coming to this class".  But after sitting and catching my breath, I continued and pushed through the Cardio portion.  After the Cardio portion was floor work and more breathing exercises.  Now looking back on the class, I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to go back.  I can see why people like the class and its going to be a very interesting month.   I am writing this post 2 days after class, and I have to say I was only sore in my wrists and arms.  One thing with working out and trying new things that is true: if you don't push yourself out of your comfort zone, you won't see results and you'll miss that feeling of accomplishment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment